Tuesday, August 28, 2007

ON THE BRINK

Tomorrow marks the official end of Summer. This summer was unusually quiet and uneventful... well minus the pregnancy of course. But there were no foreign countries visited, or out of state week-long mission trips, or anything relatively out of the ordinary. (ok we did go to Oregon, which was great, but I'm just saying relatively - compared to the last few summers... and by few I mean the last 7 years... this summer was quiet)

But this summer was good. Good is such a blah word that could mean a million different things... but I'm not sure how to describe it. It was a summer of opposites... relaxing/stressful, busy/uneventful, different/the same old thing... things like that.

And now, as I alluded to in the last post, I am getting ready for the BIGGEST change of my life thus far; fatherhood. Once again I feel like I am standing on the edge of a cliff - clear blue water below - my heart is beating faster and faster as I realize I must jump - for there is no going back. I see that the future is down there... down where I can barely make out if it's deep enough - if I'll survive this jump - if there is peace somewhere down the river... but I have to jump. It's more like I am being pushed - which is great because I'm sort of a wuss most of the time anyway...

... so here we go.

No comments: